The City of Clinton is continually making improvements to guarantee a high quality of life for its citizens and visitors. From the basics of water distribution systems and roadways, to economic development and business incubation, we are always working on ways to make this city a better place to live, work, and play.
- Commerce Industrial Center
Chapman Road is a heavily used avenue that helps connect the east and west parts of Clinton on the south side. Spanning only about a mile between 28th Street and Neptune Avenue, it is also the posted route to eastbound I-40 traffic coming off of Gary Boulevard’s southwest end. Currently, this project is in the engineering stage, with construction to begin before 2013.
- Redland Housing Addition
Currently in the construction stage is the addition of new housing in Clinton. With a lower than ideal ratio of available houses on the market, including rentals, the Council has approved researching and proceeding with at least one new housing addition within the City’s corporate boundaries.
- Clinton Water Treatment Plant
Drought has been a major issue for the City of Clinton, as well as many other communities in western Oklahoma. Mainly, the drought has all but dried up our main water source, the Clinton Lake Water Treatment Plant near Canute, OK. In the recent past, Clinton’s drinking water supply was about 70% provided by the Clinton Lake facility, with the other 30% coming from nearby Foss Lake Water Treatment Plant.